The Halifax Examiner is providing all COVID-19 coverage for free. Please help us continue this coverage by subscribing.
One new case of COVID-19 is announced in Nova Scotia today (Monday, Feb. 1).
The new case is in Nova Scotia Health’s Western Zone and is a close contact with a previously announced case.
There remain 10 known active cases in the province. Two people are in hospital with the disease, one of whom is in ICU.
The active cases are distributed as follows:
• 3 in the Halifax Peninsula / Chebucto Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Dartmouth/ Southeastern Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Bedford/ Sackville Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Pictou Community Health Network in the Northern Zone
• 1 in the Cape Breton Community Health Network in the Eastern Zone
• 2 in the Inverness, Victoria & Richmond Community Health Network in the Eastern Zone
• 1 in the Annapolis and Kings Community Health Network in the Western Zone
Nova Scotia Health labs conducted 931 tests yesterday.
As of end of day yesterday, 14,906 doses of vaccine have been administered; of those 2,729 were second doses.
Here are the new daily cases and seven-day rolling average (today at 1.4) since the start of the second wave (Oct. 1):
And here is the active caseload for the second wave:
Here is the updated possible exposure map:
The Halifax Examiner is an advertising-free, subscriber-supported news site. Your subscription makes this work possible; please subscribe.
Some people have asked that we additionally allow for one-time donations from readers, so we’ve created that opportunity, via the PayPal button below. We also accept e-transfers, cheques, and donations with your credit card; please contact iris “at” halifaxexaminer “dot” ca for details.