If you have a subscription but you can’t log in to read paywalled articles, let’s fix that. It’s easy!
IF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS
- a member of a Family (formerly “Plus-one”) subscription
- a member of a Group Business/Government subscription
- paid via cheque, e-Transfer, or PayPal
contact Iris and she’ll help you sort it out.
DID YOU MISS PAYMENTS?
If you’ve missed one or more payments (notices are in your email) you’ve been put “on hold.”
Please follow these steps before you contact Iris:
- Log in, and on your My Account dashboard, click Payment method
- Add your card again (some didn’t transfer properly from the old site)
- Click save card for future payments
- On your Account dashboard, click Addresses, and fill in your billing address. It must match your credit card statement, including phone number. This is for your security, to verify it’s you using the card. Skip the shipping address.
- Click the button at the bottom that says “Update the Billing Address used for all future renewals of my active subscriptions”
- Click Save Address
- On your Account dashboard, click My subscriptions
- Under “Related orders,” find the pending payment, and click the Pay button
That should restart the subscription, and you’ll get an immediate notification in your email.
If this doesn’t work, email Iris.
If you have 4 or more failed payment notices, or it’s been over a month since your last payment, it’s unlikely you can restart the subscription.
But you can easily cancel it and resubscribe:
- Log in with your username or email address
- On your Account dashboard, click My Subscriptions
- Find the subscription, click Cancel
- Click Subscribe on the main menu bar at the top of the page
- Choose your type, frequency, and price
- Add your card and billing details, etc.
- Check out
You’ll get an emailed notice when you’re successful. Email Iris if you’ve tried this and it didn’t work.