The Halifax Examiner is providing all COVID-19 coverage for free. Please help us continue this coverage by subscribing.
One new case of COVID-19 is announced in Nova Scotia today (Sunday, Jan. 24).
It is a Dalhousie student who lives off campus, and the case is still under investigation.
There are 19 known active cases in the province. No one is in hospital with the disease.
The active cases are distributed as follows:
• 8 in the Halifax Peninsula / Chebucto Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Bedford / Sackville Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 4 in the Colchester / East Hants Community Health Network in the Northern Zone
• 1 in the Pictou Community Health Network in the Northern Zone
• 2 in the Cape Breton Community Health Network in the Eastern Zone
• 1 in the Inverness, Victoria & Richmond Community Health Network in the Eastern Zone
• 1 active case in the Lunenburg & Queens Community Health Network in the Western Zone
• 1 in the Annapolis and King’s Community Health Network in the Western Zone
Nova Scotia Health labs conducted 1,093 tests yesterday.
Here are the new daily cases and seven-day rolling average since the start of the second wave (Oct. 1):
And here is the active caseload for the second wave:
Here is the possible exposure map:
The Halifax Examiner is an advertising-free, subscriber-supported news site. Your subscription makes this work possible; please subscribe.
Some people have asked that we additionally allow for one-time donations from readers, so we’ve created that opportunity, via the PayPal button below. We also accept e-transfers, cheques, and donations with your credit card; please contact iris “at” halifaxexaminer “dot” ca for details.