The Halifax Examiner is providing all COVID-19 coverage for free. Please help us continue this coverage by subscribing.
One new case of COVID-19 is announced in Nova Scotia today (Monday, Feb. 15).
The case is in Nova Scotia Health’s Central Zone and is related to travel outside Atlantic Canada.
There are now 10 known active cases in the province. One person remains in hospital with the disease, and that person is in ICU.
The active cases are distributed as follows:
• 5 in the Halifax Peninsula / Chebucto Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Dartmouth/ Southeastern Community Health Network in the Central Zone
• 1 at some other unknown (to me) location in the Central Zone
• 1 in the Colchester/ East Hants Community Health Network in the Northern Zone
• 1 in the Inverness, Victoria, and Richmond Community Health Network in the Eastern Zone
• 1 in the Annapolis and Kings Community Health Network in the Western Zone
Nova Scotia Health labs conducted 1,620 tests yesterday.
Here are the new daily cases and seven-day rolling average (today at 1.1) since the start of the second wave (Oct. 1):
And here is the active caseload for the second wave:
The Halifax Examiner is an advertising-free, subscriber-supported news site. Your subscription makes this work possible; please subscribe.
Some people have asked that we additionally allow for one-time donations from readers, so we’ve created that opportunity, via the PayPal button below. We also accept e-transfers, cheques, and donations with your credit card; please contact iris “at” halifaxexaminer “dot” ca for details.